Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Long Lost File No. 4: Almond Butter Cups

One of my favorite candies of all time are Reese's Peanut Butter Cups. I mean who doesn't love chocolate and peanut butter?! I love me some vegan goodies which got me thinking, why don't I make a vegan and healthier version of my beloved Reese's? And I'm so glad I did because they were even better than the real thing! What can I say, they're the perfect treat to have after a long day's work.



Almond Butter Cups
Yield: 8

Filling:
1/2 Cup Almond Butter (or other type of nut butter)
1 Tablespoon Natural Maple Syrup
1 Tablespoon Melted Coconut Oil
A Pinch of Cinnamon

Shell:
1/4 Cup Cacao Powder (I also mixed in some PB2)
2 Tablespoons Natural Maple Syrup
1 Tablespoon Melted Coconut Oil




Filling:

1. In a large mixing bowl, combine the almond butter, maple syrup, coconut oil, and cinnamon and mix until batter is smooth.
2. Pour mixture into a muffin tin lined with cupcake liners and fill each cup up about 1/4 of the way.
3. Place muffin tin into freezer and freeze for at least half an hour.

While your almond butter cup filling hardens, let's make the shell.



Shell:

1. Combine the cacao powder, maple syrup, and coconut oil in a bowl and stir until all ingredients are mixed together well. The mixture will be runny before adding the maple syrup.
2. After freezing the almond butter mixture, remove from freezer and spread the chocolate shell over the filling.
3. Return to freezer for 10-15 minutes.
4. Remove from cupcake liner and indulge!


They turned out so well that I practically devoured them in an hour! What is your favorite candy of all time?

>>>-------------------->
xoxo, Emily

1 comment:

  1. Oooo these look yummy! I love Reese's as well so I'll have to try these! (:
    Also I nominated you for this thing called the Liebster Award! It's kind of like this tag thing for you to answer, it's really fun!
    http://stnkrbug.blogspot.com/2014/03/liebster-award.html

    ReplyDelete