Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Long Lost File No. 3: Vegan Brownies

Valentine's Day is over, but that doesn't mean you can't still give some yummy goodies for your loved ones (or yourself!) Although I'm not vegan, I do enjoy making/eating vegan food when I can, so I whipped up some healthy, delicious, and vegan brownies to drown in on any day of the year! And did I mention they only require three ingredients?! It's like a dream come true!


Vegan Brownies
Yield: 6

3-4 Large Pitted Dates
 1 Tablespoon Cacao Powder
1 Teaspoon Vanilla

1. Soak dates in water for 30 minutes or until slightly softened.
2. Blend all ingredients in high speed blender until mixture is smooth.
3. Form mixture into balls/bars/whatever shape desired and refrigerate for 1 hour.
4. Remove from refrigerator and enjoy!

*Blend mixture with a little bit of water for easier blending

Mix in nuts, dried fruit, or cacao nibs to switch up flavors! I added some PB2 to the mix for a nuttier taste since I don't digest tree nuts well. :-)


These babies are great for a snack or for dessert, and the best thing is, you can yourself indulge and not feel guilty about it! What's your favorite Valentine's Day treat?

Have a lovely day!

>>>-------------------->
xoxo, Emily

No comments:

Post a Comment